Blog

SLUG SLIME....THE SILENT KILLER?

November 16, 2018

 Did you hear about the young teen age rugby player. Who eight years ago, ate a slug on a dare. Became paralyzed and died. All due to the parasite worm in the slug he ate that caused rat lung-worm disease.

 

I didn't realize snails or slugs could be so dangerous.

Who doesn't like escargot?

OK I don't, but I watched my brother eat it and he seemed to really enjoy it.

 

This got me wondering how dangerous are slugs?

What about slug slime...can it hurt us?

 

Let's not even look at the fact that it's a teenager.

Let's look at our beautiful, adorable little babies and toddlers.

We know that their cute chubby fingers can get them into all sorts of trouble. 

Like the FLASH with lightning speed. Who hasn't taken a small toy out of their toddlers hands before it has reached their mouths...YES!! Saved another day.

 

We wouldn't allow our little ones to grab a slug and eat it...would you?

What about slug slime that could be on all the healthy fruits or vegetables? 

 

IS SLUG SLIME DANGEROUS?

 

Due to the fact that slugs are decomposers and scavengers that eat dead plants, fungai, dead animals and excrement .

 

Because of this diet I'm sure if your little one was to handle a harmless slug, if they didn't wash their hands afterwards they could ingest one of the parasites the creatures might carry warns the Center of Disease Control & Prevention.

 

But there are no cases of anyone dying or getting sick from slug slime. One can only be infected if they ingest raw or under-cooked infected animals, or when one doesn't thoroughly wash their vegetables that are carrying the unseen snails or slugs. 

 

DO YOU WASH YOUR FRUIT & VEGGIES?

 

A great way not to eat these small slugs and snails accidentally would be to thoroughly wash your fruits and vegetables.

 

Other good reasons for washing fruits and vegetables would be to remove different contaminates like bacteria due to hand handled germs like E.coli, salmonella as well as chemicals and dirt.

 

When washing your fruit and vegetables:

DO NOT WASH THEM IN THE SINK

1. SINKS ARE FULL OF BACTERIA

2. IT WASTES WATER

 

With minds as ease now that the next slug we or our little one sees we can relax because there is no cause for concern.

 

Let's make sure we teach our toddlers, children and even our teens not to eat any wild critters, even on a dare...double dare...triple dares.

 

Encouragement For Parents:

"HUGS CAN DO GREAT AMOUNTS OF GOOD, ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN"

                                                                                                   -PRINCESS DIANA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Pinterest
Please reload

Featured Posts

SLUG SLIME....THE SILENT KILLER?

November 16, 2018

1/3
Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Follow Me
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Grey Pinterest Icon

Edelein

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon

Los Angeles, California

© 2017 by Edelein. Proudly created with Wix.com